|This component aims at increasing the participation of female students in science-based education programs. Its activities have been revised to two major ones:
- The marketing of the Project's Programs to particularly attract female students; and
- The provision of scholarship funds to deserving female students and other disadvantaged lots in order to increase their access to mathematics and science education programs.
The outputs that have been achieved so far include:
- The development of a gender mainstreaming strategy for the AVU and partner institutions which has been endorsed and adopted by the AVU as well as the PIs
- The integration of gender in the authoring process of the teacher education modules such that the content is gender-responsive
- The award of scholarships to 69 computer science students in Francophone Africa.