1. AVU Virtual Class
The AVU has an online platform, the AVU Virtual Class. Each student has her or his individual webpage called MyAVU Virtual Classroom. Once you register for a course or a program, you will be given a Login and Password to enter the MyAVU Virtual Classroom.
The MyAVU Virtual Classroom is an online environment that provides individualized resources, information, and services from one simple and secure login point. Once you successfully "log in”, MyAVU Virtual Classroom will allow you to:
- View your lessons, resources, assignments, quizzes and marks
- Access live sessions (click here to view the 5-10 minute orientation. Instructions for setting up your computer for the live sessions can be found here)
- Access to Digital library
- Engage in learning activities
- Communicate and interact with lecturers and classmates
- Plan by managing your Calendar
- Ask for academic and technical support when needed
2. The Courses
The AVU offers 3 types of courses: online, mix–mode or blended mode and face-to-face. A course has one main lecturer who is responsible for the teaching and learning activities as well as assignments. A course may have also tutors who support the lecturer and students. Final examination may require supervision.
- Online courses
Online courses are delivered 100% online through the AVU Virtual classrooms. Teaching and learning activities take place through:
- Live sessions during which lecturers and students interact simultaneously through video and/or voice, live presentation, white board and live text chat
- Availability of recorded online session for flexible viewing
- Flexible interactive group discussions
- Flexible online access to learning materials - 24 hours a day
- Online academic and technical support to students
- Mixed-Mode Courses
Mix mode courses are delivered with compulsory online and face-to-face sessions. This type of courses is delivered in partnership with AVU Partners Institutions. This mode is designed for courses that require laboratories or practices.
- Face-to-Face courses
Face-to-face courses are delivered in partnership with the AVU Partner Institutions. All teaching and learning activities are done face-to-face. The resources of the courses may be available online.