Any institution, wishing to join the AVU as a Partner Institution must respect the following membership procedures:
- Accept the goals and objectives of the AVU;
- Meet the minimum admission criteria being: Universities and other institutions of higher learning in Africa, which participate in the programmes of the AVU or run joint programmes of the AVU;
- and paying the relevant fees for the appropriate partnership level;
- Apply for membership by filling the attached application form and forwarding it to the AVU Management; and
- In case of acceptance, a Partner Institution must settle their membership fees in addition to yearly contributions before, and in order to continue, enjoying membership
There shall be an initial membership fee and thereafter yearly contributions due and payable from Partner Institutions in such amounts as the AVU Management may prescribe from time to time.