The project Enhancing Energy Accessibility & Efficiency (ENRICH) seeks to establish sustainable STI Support National Networks with a regional dimension in East Africa.
The project’s objective is to strengthen STI co-operation in East Africa (EA) countries by promoting operational and effective management of research and innovation activities with a special focus on energy access and efficiency.
ENRICH Project is financed by the European Commission on the framework of the ACP-EU Co-operation Program in Science and Technology (S&T II).
The African partners are:
- African Virtual University
- Moi University, Kenya
- Mzumbe University, Tanzania
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Inter University Council of East Africa
- Ministry of Education, Science & Technology; Directorate of Research Management and Development, Kenya
- Commission for Science and Technology, Tanzania
- Uganda National Council for Science and Technology
The AVU took part in 3 workshops and 2 study visits since the inception of the project and build the portal (www.eaenet.org) to enable the network activities beyond the life span of this project.
The impact of the project to end in 2017 will be to:
- Identified strengths and weaknesses of STI activities in the 3 EA countries through the comparative analysis & a study visit
- Improved quality of STI support, and enhanced staff skills and capacity though targeted trainings & replication through national workshops
- Enhanced and stimulated potential co-operation through the creation of 3 STI Support National Networks
- Dialogue with policy makers & enhanced Network visibility
- Enhanced public awareness
More information: http://www.enrich-project.eu/